Saturday, February 16, 2013

Why Did I Say Yes?

So as I sit her starring at the clock, listening to a training webinar on the phone, eating my cold soup that I heated up like 20 minutes ago, trying to create a video for my son's YouTube Channel, I realize I need to go get my shower.  See I volunteered to be classroom mom for my son's Valentine's Day party.  I get to organize the games.


As I reluctantly leave my office knowing all that I need to do,the first thought that comes to my mind is "why do I do this to myself?""I have so much I need to do!" 

But I ask you don't we always do this to ourselves?  We want to be that "SuperMom" that can do it all. Because we are a "woman" and we are the multitasking queens.

So now I find myself rushing to get a shower and to help with the games for my son's Valentine's Day party at school.  Wish me luck that I can get done in time.


Well here's a little video for all those moms who always find themselves in the same situation, rushing to do things for your children and never having enough time for yourselves.  Just remember "You Are Woman"! Here's a video of my 30 minute transformation:



We both had a great time at the party the children laughing and having fun, so it made it all worth it.

So the next time you question "why did I do this", to bring a smile to your child's face.

What am I wearing:

Pink Sweater: Talbot's
Scarf: TJMaxx
Pants: St. John's Bay, JcPenney
Silver Bracelet: Ralph Lauren  

I found this song on YouTube and loved it.  It's by Jordin Sparks "I Am Woman" probably the theme song for a lot of women's lives.

Do you have a theme song that plays in your mind when you are getting ready?

Happy parenting,

Marla Murasko  


No comments:

Post a Comment